Who's Who and welcoming new members

Welcome to the Mayhem discussion boards. News and site suggestions go here.

Who's Who and welcoming new members

Postby Maugh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:13 pm

I just want to welcome people as they come and identify people and their connections in the real world. Please post and let us know who you are, and your connections to other players. You don't have to be specific, we don't need your full name, address, social security number and credit cards, but it would be nice to know where you're from and what your first name is for the times when we all get together in person. I'll post the ones that I know for you to get started, and update this as time goes by.

Salt Lake City:

Maugh- Rob
Flamespun- Aubrey
Caleb- Caleb
Ems- Shannan
James- James
Chadling- Chad
Reev- Kendel,
wolfram- Chris,
Carabbit- Cara

DC-

Jake- Jake
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: Who's Who and welcoming new members

Postby Maugh » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:21 pm

We have a couple of additions over the last little while:

Reed- Self-named, currently dming a game for what was the undead group, and is now the Tiger's Shield mercenary band.

Laughing_Jack_Wilton, a Canadian who found our site through the Forge rpg site. (indie-rpgs.com)

Looking forward to seeing more from these folks.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Maugh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:53 am

Welcome on, Chapra.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Mortaemer » Wed May 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi. I'm Mortaemer, a swashbuckler who has lost his Bonny. Really, it's just me, Tyson. Hi. Oh, I didn't read any of the terms and agreements... so don't get mad at me if I break any rules.
Mortaemer

Postby Maugh » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Brian and Al joined us this evening. It was fun. Hi.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Maugh » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I'd like to thank Beach for joining in and jumping in the conversation. He's been a riot to game with, and I appreciate his input here on the site. Welcome on.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Ysmir » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:50 pm

Howdy! My "real" name is Adam, I'm a friend of Beach. He told me about this game a few months ago and I got to try it out this week. I have a lot to get familiar with so I'm here to dive right in.
Ysmir

Postby Maugh » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:41 pm

Great! Welcome aboard! If you have any questions, feel free to fire away. The book is free on the main site, midnightcampaign.com, and we run games pretty frequently. You're welcome to join in, just post on the "organizing" thread, and we'll get you included.

I know I always seem to be saying this, but we should have a new book up on the site very soon that will correct a lot of minor problems, and we'll be printing more accordingly. Feel free to do some exploring, and if you want to game, just give us a shout!
Maugh
Site Admin

Welcome to Ysmir

Postby James » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 pm

The name is naggin me.... I know what that is from. Hmm...
Welcome to the site and to Mayhem! We love new people, especially when those new people post on the site. Groups may be shaking up soonish depending on schedules and things for the new semister and the current state of different parties.
I am one of the older players still playing consistently. My group contains Wolfram, Dylan, Marlin, and Widget, with others occasionally popping in. We play on Thursday nights usually. I am the storyteller (DM) for our group. The tone of our games is often darkish with lots of necromancy, demons, human sacrifice, etc. and is strongly character driven (do not try to kill your fellow PCs in our group, though manipulating in-game and such is great). We are currently at SC 10. Our current thread for the game is the 6th Year of the Lord Bishop, and the last was Charisma and Steel if you want to skim over the posts and see how we do it. I get bored and post an unnessecary amount of information for my PCs that they do not read half of the time.

As far as my contribution to the game aside from playtesting, Rob (Maugh) allows me the design of the Undead and Demons as well as the Demon Lands setting in the official world-set. I (puffing chest) made the alchemy system (such as it is), am working on the demon summoning mechanic and help with concept stuff when Rob condescends to bounce ideas off me. I love to design items for people to use.
James

Postby Ryu » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Hello! My name, sadly, is not really Ryu - it's Matt. I saw a copy of your manuscript at a local game store and my interest was piqued. I'll be trying to throw a group together (or mayhaps joining one) to try the system out, I'm very excited!
Ryu

Postby Maugh » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:08 pm

Welcome in! The forums are a bit quiet at the moment, because we're between major events and releases and such, but there are still lurkers about, so if you have any questions or curiosities, please feel free to post about.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby TheMatt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:35 pm

Does the book include a link to this website? If not, something to include on next printing.
"I can't tell if what you are saying is too profound for me to understand, or just insane".
TheMatt

Postby Maugh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:57 am

pretty sure it does.
Maugh
Site Admin

Return to Welcome to the Forums