Forum Suggestions.

Welcome to the Mayhem discussion boards. News and site suggestions go here.

Forum Suggestions.

Postby Caleb » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:07 pm

This post does not have a forum for it because it might belong in a forum named.

Site Discussion

Another good one that would belong in that forum is a suggestion to have a forum named

News & Ect. Ect.

I didn't mean the Ect. Ect. literally but the more I think about it the more I literally like that name.

This forum would be great because only Rob and the such could create new topics in this forum and on the main website we could parse the SQL file to show anything from this forum on the front page, display the text from this first post, and allow users to continue the discussion by clicking a link at the bottom of each news topic.

oh and YAY because now I CAN HAUNT THE FORUMS oOOoooOOooOo(Ghost sounds).
A wise man once said the worth of souls is great, so... naturally there is going to be theft!
Caleb
Site Admin

Re: Forum Suggestions.

Postby Maugh » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:49 am

Sounds like a great idea. I'll set that up later.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:25 pm

Odd I didn't get a notice when you posted. I thought I was haunting
A wise man once said the worth of souls is great, so... naturally there is going to be theft!
Caleb
Site Admin

Organization

Postby James » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:35 pm

I feel that the Forum layout is too much of a sprawl. I click on organizing games and I feel like I should see something like the old looking for group and something else for groups in process.

Is there a way to organize threads that have been inactive for a long time to go to an archive place so they are not so cluttering? Maybe some things excluded that are referenced often, but things like my old campaigns are only looked at be me once in a while to look for NPCs and interesting arcs, and are worthless to have up for most people.

I know that this is probably a hard thing to change up like that, but I would like that.
James

Postby Maugh » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:31 am

The PHPBB3 forum base that I use has an 'autoprune' feature that deletes old threads, but I don't see one that automatically moves or hides older threads, and I'd rather not go about deleting all the old stuff. I use old content too frequently.

I can always reorganize them, of course, but I thought that people wanted simpler organization, rather than the tiered depth. I'd be happy to do either one, I just want to make sure that I'm providing what people want.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Matt' » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:35 am

I pretty much ignore the forum structure and pay attention to the 'view new comments' button. Much more efficient.

search.php?search_id=newposts
Matt'

Return to Welcome to the Forums