Hiatus for Pre-press

Welcome to the Mayhem discussion boards. News and site suggestions go here.

Hiatus for Pre-press

Postby Maugh » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 pm

The boards have been dead for a little while, and I thought it was worth explaining a little why.

All right, so now that we've got the art pretty much done for the book, Aubrey has started going through the final pre-press, so we can print and publish the complete PDF. This is actually going fairly close to schedule, considering I wanted to have it done by the end of the summer.

In the meanwhile, it has been pretty hard to schedule games recently, and I've kind of stopped trying. That doesn't mean that we won't be playing at all, just that I doubt there will be much regularity. Every night that I game is a night that Aubrey and I can't get work done on the book, and I really want to get this finished.

Just thought I'd leave this update, in case people are still haunting around. Feel free to post, those of you who have an interest in doing so, and things will be back up and going soon.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: Hiatus for Pre-press

Postby Matt' » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:21 pm

*stickpoke*

Status report?
Matt'

Postby Maugh » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Aubrey works on this about one out of every three evenings, and we have made significant progress. We're about halfway through the book in the pre-press process. Unfortunately, she is doing it at her own pace, and working on what she wants to work on, which is actually pretty fair since she's doing it in her free time. She is convinced she needs to touch up the line art on a lot of the art, and despite my protests and frustration, this slows her down dramatically.

There's not a whole lot I can do at this point. It's on Aubrey's plate. (Hence, working on other projects while I wait.)
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby James » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:51 am

Is there any way you could give us monthly updates? When you guys have a version ready, or mostly so, I can try to scare up a group here.
James

Return to Welcome to the Forums