Divine Warden

This is set up for our artists to critique and review work.

Divine Warden

Postby Maugh » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:03 am

Sketch for the divine warden. She's looking all right. Very confident. I'll probably make her shield bigger. This is probably one of my better pieces and if I don't botch the lines or colors will definitely make it into the book.

scan0001.jpg
(342.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: Divine Warden

Postby sandywaterfalls » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:54 pm

the outfit looks really good :) The design seems really solid. with her fingers folded over the blade like they are it looks like she's goin emo on us (XD). if you have them more straight rather than folded that shall help :). Her pose doesnt seem balanced so in order to help that you could put the one foot flat on the ground. The leg that is supporting her weight should look straight not bent. and that could make it look more natural and stuffs :D
great job so far! :D the colors will look nice once you get to that.
sandywaterfalls

Re: Divine Warden

Postby Maugh » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks for the feedback. You're spot on about the hand. I can probably grab the fingers and move them down in photoshop and it will look less like she's cutting into her hand, I think. There is also a function in photoshop CS6 where I can use a puppet-tool to adjust the legs, though I've yet to use it myself. I'll see if I can check it out this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback!
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Return to Art Review!