[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mayhem.com • View topic - 6 Caster Dump

6 Caster Dump

This is set up for our artists to critique and review work.

6 Caster Dump

Postby Maugh » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:19 am

Don't know if I'll use many of these six, (maybe half? Maybe?), but they're worth getting feedback on. If nothing else, they'll end up as filler art for the magic system, or get kicked out when I (or someone else,) can put in something better.

Divination Mage
scan0005.jpg
(432.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet

This is the one that I'm happiest with. Jairus!

Tattoo'd Caster:
scan.jpg
(337.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Okay, this one I would go all out with the magic tribal tattoos, and likely do a Compulsion or Ruin mage. Not bad art, just feels a little incomplete. This one will probably make it into the book, if I can do a decent job with the line-art.

Wand Caster:
scan0004.jpg
(417.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Not super attached to this one, although the expression and perspective were okay. Didn't know which school to put her in, either. I liked the headdress. Ran out of room on the feet. Never a good sign. Maybe with a lot more detail in the costume she would be salvageable.

Transmutation Mage:
scan0008.jpg
(517.84 KiB) Not downloaded yet

I already know her mouth and face need a little editing when I put it to line art. The concept is there, though, and pretty clear. That alone might make it worth keeping.

Necromancer/Dark Mage A:
scan0006.jpg
(346.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Sort of half-finished this one before I got bored or ran out of time. Some nice style elements, but would need a lot more skeletal background. Maybe could go Ruin or Compulsion on this one. Definitely rocking the dark mage vibe.

Undead Mage
scan0007.jpg
(430.92 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Another undeadish mage. Low detail, but that can work sometimes. I don't know, I'd have to line and color it and see how it turned out before making a judgement call. Probably wouldn't make it in. Might, if I was able to salvage it in coloring.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: 6 Caster Dump

Postby TheMatt » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:34 pm

You are starting to develop a rather distinctive style. Your '8-heads' are showing as well--your characters are notably taller.
"I can't tell if what you are saying is too profound for me to understand, or just insane".
TheMatt

Re: 6 Caster Dump

Postby sandywaterfalls » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:57 pm

the one I would pursue out of all these is the transmutation. It's by far the best sketch and pose :D. cool design too, i really like it! the others do seem to have some problems with the pose being natural and proportionate. But her the only thing that could use changing is the extended fingers. rather than having the ring and pinky fingers folded, have them extending out too. that will make it more natural and dramatic i think :D. she's really cool. you should finish her and stick her in somewhere. :)
sandywaterfalls

Return to Art Review!