I'll GM. I could use the practice!

Post details on ongoing games, report progress here, or look for a game here.

I'll GM. I could use the practice!

Postby Beach » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:23 pm

So maugh called and asked me if I wanted to game on thursday and I agreed. Then he asked if I wanted to gm . . . Ok! I sat down and wrote something up and am willing to give it a go. I'm think random adventurer group brought together by a common merc job (just something to fall off the bike with to get back into the swing of GMing ;) with a skill cap of 10 with 200 skill points. let me know what you think.
Beach

Re: I'll GM. I could use the practice!

Postby Maugh » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:02 am

ROCK.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Maugh » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:00 pm

That was histerical. We foughth a floating polyhedron bent on drilling and smashing and electrifying us to death. Tough fight, but we managed. Some teamwork and defensive action and that combat went well.

Dave: New guy, (welcome on,) played a pyromancer phaedre/tiene/sephret/flaming fae, and with some crappy rolls, I felt like he wasn't doing the damage he could have done. I don't think I'm going to readjust the magics, but it is worth thinking about. Hope he enjoyed joining us, and I hope he feels welcome to come any time.

Matt' played a "captain america" character, using magics to throw his shield around and unarmed combat to back it up. Very styling. Seems like Matt has been enjoying the limited magic/fighter combination characters. Good times.

Aubrey: SHe joined us a little lat,e and played a modified Ahrlen, a bird totem that played as a bright pink flamingo instead of hte eagle or hawk. No, I"m not joking. SHe played a flamingo totem, roaring flamboyance and charisma and all. Good times.

Me: I played a Vampire Fighter, Broadsword, Shield and Heavy armor. It was glorious. The Vampire is a little tricky, but seemed to be brutally effective as a tank. I soaked a ton of damage, and with a full blood bank, was able to heal pretty much all of it. Adding the shield and the armor was crucial, or I would have dropped very, very quickly. I got to dive into the middle of a group and (ineffectually) use the spinstrike. Captives are free meals. Tasty, tasty, tasty.

So yeah. Memorable moments included the fight with the tetrahedron, as well as the NPC towards the end, the paranoid ex-rogue. Buckets of fun. I still owe the players one more session with me DMing, but I really look forward to continuing this campaign. WIth my school winding down, this will be an excellent opportunity to game a little more often than we have.

Thanks for coming, all. Buckets of fun.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Beach » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:59 pm

So I'm ready for round two whenever y'all are. What day would work? Maugh, did you wanna finish the east neral? Either way I'm down. Let me know!
Beach

Postby Maugh » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Friday or tomorrow work for me. I can run the east neiral campaign, to give that some closure, and the we can pick up with yours. Or, if you prefer, we can run the Beach campaign. either is fine by me.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Matt' » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:42 pm

I'm busy until about 7 wednesday. Thurs and friday remain free. (I think).
Matt'

Postby Beach » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:33 am

Perhaps friday? I'm gonna try to get in on the tactical combat on thursday. I hope to use Qla in said game. I'm sure I'll get plenty of use outta my axe and to think of Qla at skill cap 16 ooh . . . Gives me the chills. Let me know if that'll work.
Beach

Postby Matt' » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Ok, I'm in for Thursday, and maybe Friday. Friday may be later.
Matt'

Postby Beach » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey guys. Sorry I forgot I have a going away party I'm supposed to go to tonight so I won't be able to gm. I'm lame I know but any day next week will work for me
Beach

Postby Maugh » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:53 pm

It's all good. We can schedule for next week. You guys gamed last night anyway. Besides. I want to do the east neiral group one more time before we move on. Then we can get back to this campaign.
Maugh
Site Admin

Return to Organizing Games