Aggregate City's Own

Post details on ongoing games, report progress here, or look for a game here.

Aggregate City's Own

Postby James » Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 am

So, we are wanting to start a new regular game. I will likely have to discontinue the One Shots if we do this, but I would like to be able to see the other half of your I don't game with regularly. In talking with Rob, we decided that I would be the Storyteller, and he would PC. Anyone else wanting to start a new regular group? We will base it out of Aggregate City so that we can develop it more as we play. Rob and I also thought it would be fun to have the party, at least to start, be in the employ of a small company (headed by a undisputably non-evil character) that procures obscure components, rents temporary private security, and a few other services.

Thinking SC 9 to start with. I only have a couple months left before I move and want to crunch in some gaming, so get back to us as soon as you can with feedback, schedules, and PC ideas. Thanks!
James

Re: Aggregate City's Own

Postby Matt' » Thu May 19, 2011 12:48 am

Schedule is flexible. I just need notice.
Matt'

Postby Beach » Thu May 19, 2011 9:22 am

I too have a limber schedule. I would really like to play a tinek but I would like a chance to look over the character type a bit with you guys cuz they are a bit . . . um, soft. But if not I'll dream up another character. I'm always a fan of mondays for gaming but any day for the most part will work
Beach

Tineks

Postby James » Thu May 19, 2011 9:46 am

Beach, I too once thought the Tinek soft. Then Rob played it in a One Shot and filled me with greater appreciation. I still think it should be able to curl into a defensive ball, but it works well without it. It may seem that the abilities are basically just the shuriken techs, but with the Tinek, each quill not only does full damage, but can amp. A tinek that sneaks into a room, or is just unnoticed when it Quill bursts as a Sneak Attack (with Sneak Attack ability) is dealing insane damage. Also, poison your spines, add a little magic, and they are crazy good.

I wonder at the personality of most Tinek's. A people evolved with natural weaponry that is meant to be used often seem like they may be quick tempered and aggressive, but porcupines are usually defensive herbivores. Timid and shy unless backed into a corner? Aggressive, but just to deter others from making the first strike? Deadly fighters that kill and forget about questions? I bet a lot of it would come from if you were raised among your people or among strangers. I dunno, interesting to see how you would go.
James

Postby Maugh » Thu May 19, 2011 12:32 pm

The Tinek is actually one of Shannan's ideas. By her description they were very outgoing and adventurous, making good travelers, and they had an eye for business, the classic profession being a merchant or trader. Their natural defenses made them less nervous or flighty than many animals, while their non-predatory nature made them somewhat more friendly than a more violent race.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Matt' » Wed May 25, 2011 3:03 pm

My Monday nights are pretty uniformly free.
Matt'

Return to Organizing Games