[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mayhem.com • View topic - Bridge Reach

Bridge Reach

Post details on ongoing games, report progress here, or look for a game here.

Bridge Reach

Postby wolfram » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:33 pm

Just thought I'd drop a note to let you know that I have a group starting a new campaign with the new book this weekend.

The campaign is beginning with the characters stripped bare--no weapons, money, equipment, armor or clothes -- in a strange forest. They are groggy, confused, and have no memory of how they got there.

This is also the first time with me as a story teller so I'll be an interesting experiment. I'll be around asking about the finer points of various rules. Wish us luck!
wolfram

Re: Bridge Reach

Postby Maugh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:14 am

Neat. It's nice to see people still playing. I"m currently running a weekly group in eagle mountain, and it's been going quite well. The second book should be fully arted by the end of the year. I've got a small army of artists now, working on it. =P.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby wolfram » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:33 pm

What's in the second book? Need any play testing on it? The characters are low level right now so branching into new areas is definitely a possibility.
wolfram

Postby Maugh » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:17 am

The second book is everything that got culled from the first book, plus some new stuff. It will need playtesting, and I'm going through that with another couple of groups, if you're interested, I'd be happy to try and get you a copy, but it may wait just a little longer. Super busy working on stuff.

We're presenting at Fongo Bongo games this saturday, for a bunch of playtesting, and we'll be presenting again at the Salt Lake Comicon, in september. If you want to come play, you'd be welcome to come. We'll also have a couple of card games that we've been working on there.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby wolfram » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:12 pm

wolfram

Postby Maugh » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 pm

All four days. We'll have a booth and spots in the gaming rooms to run games.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby wolfram » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Awesome. I'll becoming by on that saturday then. When you know times please post them.
wolfram

Postby Maugh » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:34 pm

If I can swing it, we'll be running mayhem every about 2 hours, 10/12/2/4/6/8, and warmage and goblin's breakfast steadily. Queen Mab will be run once in the evening each night, probably at 9:00, is I can get the room.

At least, that's the schedule that we've done at our last two demos, and it worked very well. It depends on what the con people will let us run, and what they have space for us to do. If we can have multiple mayhem games running we will, but I have to bribe Aubrey into runnig games instead of running the booth.

How's your game doing?
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby wolfram » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:12 am

It goes well so far. Other than a maybe shorting up the individual sessions everyone seems to be having a good time. A lot of wilderness checks as they deal with the fact they have nothing and are in the Forest. But in the last session they finally met a local that helped clarify some things. We are doing one about every 3 weeks as everyone is busy, but we hope to developing this cast of Characters over the next while.
wolfram

Postby wolfram » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:56 am

wolfram

Postby wolfram » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:11 pm

wolfram

Postby Maugh » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Sounds like you're doing a stellar job, and having a lot of fun. James would be proud.

Also. I want your monsters. Very creative, and they have a nice tone to them. It would be quite a bit of work to write them up, but we do have a section dedicated to monsters...
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby wolfram » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:11 pm

Right now I have them a series of google docs, one per monster. They need some tweaking, as I didn't play exactly as written, but if you'd like to see them I can pdf them or share the doc(s).
wolfram

Postby wolfram » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:10 pm

wolfram

Postby Maugh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:49 am

I love reading these summaries. Sounds like you guys are running a great game.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby wolfram » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 pm

wolfram

Postby Maugh » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Cool. You do, however, pick very odd numbers of points to give out. Why 8 and not 10 or 15?
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby wolfram » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:09 pm

In this particular case I picked 8 because the party did not want to break skill cap yet, and this session ended mid arch of the planned story line (or in other words I didn't want to rebalance npc's to match a changed skill cap). The next session should complete this part of the arch if all goes well and should be a good time to give a fairly large skill point advancement.
wolfram

Return to Organizing Games