[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mayhem.com • View topic - Arting Gallery!

Arting Gallery!

Off topic and conversational threads go here.

Arting Gallery!

Postby Maugh » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

All right, so I've been working on art when I've got time and can't do anything else, and I thought I'd post some of what I've been working on, as well as some of the art that Reed has been working on.

Keep in mind that my skills are limited, and my art is SIGNIFICANTLY better when I have a chance to work with colors in the photoshop and painter, adding lots more textures and highlights and shadows and rim-lights and special effects, like the glowy fire that will be dripping from the Necrotesh's eyes... Yeah. These are rough, but workable.

Reed's Crossbow:
Reed Crossbow.jpg
(1.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Necrotesh:
Necrotesh.jpg
(2.46 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Tiger-2: (Ra'Sharan version 2)
Tigger-2.jpg
(5.8 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Artan:
Artan.jpg
(1.45 MiB) Not downloaded yet
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: Arting Gallery!

Postby Maugh » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:02 am

I wanted to include these two, not because they're tremendously new, but because they are two of my favorites, particularly the Valkyrie.

Valkyrie:
Valkyrie.jpg
(3.26 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Vraaj Female:
Vraaj.jpg
(3.27 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Maugh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:11 am

Sylph! Fresh off the note-pad.
Sylph-2.jpg
(2.73 MiB) Not downloaded yet

By the way, if anybody has any feedback/complaints/suggestions, I'd be happy to oblige.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Maugh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:04 am

This is the Dryad, although it might be hard to tell without the colors to differentiate it. I'm not sure I like this one yet, but at least it's something to work off of. I had to cheat and move her eye in photoshop. it was in the wrong place.

Dryad:
dryad-mod.jpg
(2.7 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby James » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:50 pm

The Artan is my new fav of the ones you did. No matter how many times I read the description, it is hard for me to not see these guys as more dwarf/elemental creatures.
A good batch of first drafting. I am sure you don't need my critique and know where you need to rework.
James

Postby Maugh » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 am

Feedback is always welcome, of course.

Here you go, James. This is your necrotesh, all colored and glowy.
Necrotesh-color.jpg
(4.44 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Maugh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 pm

So, Aubrey, after seeing some of my work, has decided that while it was a valiant effort, she could do better.

She was correct. Here is some of her art. She's got a four or five others she's working on, but she didn't wnat me to send them until she was happy with them.

Aubrey's Carnac
Carnac-2.jpg
(1.5 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Maugh
Site Admin

Return to Chatter