Running Demo's

Off topic and conversational threads go here.

Running Demo's

Postby Maugh » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:31 pm

I think it's time for me to start running game-shop demo's again. We've got a much better betabook and website situation than we had a year ago, and I haven't gotten a lot of response from the people I contacted from Gencon. (Maybe because I waited a month to talk to them.)

I'll be contacting Dr. Volt's, and Game Night, as well as maybe the Black Rose and Hasturs again.

It also might be a good idea to start running our main games in a more public setting, rather than at people's houses. Coming out of our cave, so to speak, might be able to draw more attention to the project.

Any response or opinion? Any volunteers to help run such a demo? It would probably take a few (4-6) hours on a saturday afternoon or on a weekday night. This isn't a big deal, probably mostly just hanging out at a nerdery for awhile.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: Running Demo's

Postby James » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:43 pm

Well, first off, I am never gaming regularly out of the cave. I like the comfort, the tradition, the lack of self-conciousness. I just am not going to do it.

On a less rude topic, I would love to help run demos if you want the help. We could collaborate on short adventures like you had last time and such things. I think it would be fun, even though I am usually picky with the people I game with.

Let me know if you want help from me. Thanks!
James

Postby Maugh » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Heh. No worries. I'm not going to ask anyone to do anything they're not comfortable with. The game is meant to be fun, and pressuring people would sort of destroy that.

I am going to try and set up demo's, though, and I'm currently investigating the best routes to advertise that kind of thing so as to get people to come out and see. It seems like Game Night is the best game shop to do that, oddly enough. They already get a pretty good audience for their open gaming nights. I talked to the guy at Dr. Volts, and he was less than enthused.
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Caleb » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:26 am

When is open game night?
Caleb
Site Admin

Postby Maugh » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:56 am

Wednesdays for board games. Matt and I have gone a few times.
Maugh
Site Admin

Return to Chatter