[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Mayhem.com • View topic - Full-color artings! (Now featuring James's Monster)

Full-color artings! (Now featuring James's Monster)

Off topic and conversational threads go here.

Full-color artings! (Now featuring James's Monster)

Postby Maugh » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:03 am

Okay, so James sent me the line art for his tormentor demon a few weeks ago, and I thought I'd include what I did with it, in terms of coloring.

Feedback and corrections are always welcome, but be forewarned. You may get tetanus just by looking at the little blighter.

Vector - Tormentor Demon-fin.jpg
(2.09 MiB) Not downloaded yet

The file is done in five layers, the line-art, the 'flats' or background coloring for each section, the highlights, the shadows, and the textures. I can always change colors in the flats, tone down the textures in that layer, change the highlights, or change the shadows. The colors are interdependent, to an extent, but I can make a lot of changes in this, if there are things that need to change.

This one took me 2 hours. It was actually a relatively simple image, and it helps that James's line-art was as clean as it was.

Next, to take a look at the artings sent by Beach.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Re: Full-color artings! (Now featuring James's Monster)

Postby Maugh » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:00 pm

Okay, Now that I've takne a second look at this, I found some shading isues that I could fix, and I toned down the face texture. Getting used to doing this again. I think that's better.

(2.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Maugh » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:31 pm

Round three, based on Aubrey's assistance.

(3 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Maugh
Site Admin

Postby Matt' » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:36 am

Certainly gross looking.
Matt'

Return to Chatter