World Mashing

Off topic and conversational threads go here.

World Mashing

Postby James » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:13 am

What is the best way to organize a history of a worl in which its people interact in meanful, common ways? If all are going it alone, how is it done? If all get together and discuss, would anything really be done? if so, when/where would this be? I understand that Rob is cool with tweaks to the map, but I can't take liberties with supposing interactions with others... it is a conundrum.
James

Re: World Mashing

Postby Maugh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:25 pm

This is the glory of the benevolent dictatorship. I am certain that everyone will come up with some great material, and am equally certain that when it all starts to fit together, I can make it fit together. If edges get folded a little, well, that's sort of necessary, and I'm sure we can work it out so that we don't destroy the spirit and intention of everybody's work.

From what I've seen, everybody is using fairly similar templates in setting up their races. THe history of interactions might get dicey, but I'd be more than happy to get together and see what we can do together. If we get together and work on things, the worst thing that could happen, (barring tragic meteor-strike,) would be that we end up hanging out and playing games and nothing really gets done. Not a tragedy. If the getting together doesn't work so well, then I still feel confident that I can mash the work together in an effective way. Some minor liberties might be required, but I think it can be done without really taking things apart.

I"m free tonight and monday night, if anybody wants to get together, James. Just le me know when you want to talk. I've found that even IM meetings work pretty well for this kind of stuff, provided people can dedicate a few hours to discussion.

On this note, I actually have been talking to Reed, and he has shown interest in maybe puttiing some work into the psychics or the were-critters or shapeshifters. BUckets of fun.
"Use the best: Linux for servers, Mac for graphics, Windows for Solitaire."
Maugh
Site Admin

Return to Chatter